Hamilton, Bermuda, November 30, 2010
Third Quarter Highlights
· Revenues of NOK1,069.9 million, representing a 17.2% year on year increase.
· EBITDA of NOK130.7 million including one time items.
· Net loss for the quarter of NOK56.7 million and loss per share of NOK0.35 primarily due to unrealised FX losses of NOK107.9 million.
· Allis-Chalmers (NYSE:ALY) merger agreement executed in August and expected to close in first quarter 2011 pending regulatory approval.
· Gross proceeds of NOK2,654.2 million through the issuance of 115.4 million shares at NOK23 in an August private placement.
· Awarded the ConocoPhillips PSI (Personal Safety Involvement) award in the third quarter.
Third Quarter Operating Results
Consolidated revenues in the third quarter were NOK1,069.9 million compared to NOK1,050.1 million in the previous quarter. EBITDA for the third quarter amounted to NOK130.7 million including NOK13.9 million in merger costs and a reversal of NOK9 million in personnel insurance liabilities.
Net Financial Items
Interest expense for the third quarter was NOK20.9 million compared to NOK23.9 million in the previous quarter. Other financial items for the third quarter were expenses of NOK 119.9 million compared to a gain of NOK28.7 million for the second quarter, mainly due to an unrealised FX loss of NOK107.9 million for the third quarter based on an ending FX rate for NOK/USD of 5.85.
Cash and cash equivalents, excluding restricted cash, totalled NOK1,369.2 million for the third quarter compared to NOK244.6 million for the previous quarter. The increases in cash and cash equivalents and other current assets are mainly due to the August private placement.
A total of 225,400,050 shares of par value $2.00 each were issued and outstanding as of September 30, 2010. In addition, a total of 6,507,000 options were outstanding under the company’s long-term employee incentive plans.
“In August we signed a milestone merger agreement with Allis-Chalmers and established a new roadmap for our future” said Jorgen Rasmussen, Chairman of the Board. “We are looking forward to close this transaction as planned, we have completed many important elements of the conditions by now, including the listing on the Oslo Bors and in Q1 we expect to move forward with the new Seawell!”
Attachment: 2010 3Q Results
For further information, please contact:
Thorleif Egeli, CEO – Seawell Management AS, Phone: +47 51 30 80 00
Lars Bethuelsen, CFO – Seawell Management AS, Phone: +47 51 30 80 00